Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers. ~Charles W. Eliot

Saturday, January 8, 2011

What I'm Reading Now

I am currently reading two amazing books.

On the adult side, I am reading and thoroughly enjoying Logan Ward's See You in a Hundred Years. Logan, his wife Heather and their toddler son did what we've all fantasized about at one time or another - they traded in the hustle and bustle of New York City for a simpler life. Simpler, really? In fact, they moved to a farm house in the Shenandoah Valley and lived for one year as though it was 1900. Not so simple, it turns out. This book is so much fun to read that it merits more attention on this blog than I'd give it in a Saturday post so count on hearing more about it soon.

On the children's side of the publishing globe, is Judy Blundell's new YA novel, Strings Attached, which publishes in March. I started reading this book when I woke up this morning and, quite simply, couldn't put it down. I neglected my family for a few hours and even failed to take them to synagogue as planned because I needed to find out what happened. I loved this book and, again, it is one that merits more attention that it could get on a Saturday post so you'll certainly hear more about it soon - 1950's New York City setting, dancers, Broadway, gangsters, love, intrigue, murder - loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment